Attention: All of my current stories and challenges have been moved to WordPress. Click on the WordPress Links tab for more info! Or just go to Rainy Dayz Gamez

Monday, September 29, 2014

TS4 Possible Runaway Teen Challenge?

Please note: I have updated these rules on my wordpress blog as there hasn't been an update since I originally wrote them over 2 years ago. Here is the link: Runaway Teen Challenge








I've been messing around testing out how to do a runaway teen challenge in Sims 4.

  • Most of the original rules still work with Sims 4.  (check under the pictures for the rules) You just have to take out the parts referring to pets and open world.  Here is the original post by StardustX.
  • First you can't make a teen only household.  I used a mod for this in my previous runaway challenge in Sims 3.  What I did this time was made an adult and put her in a box to starve her to death.  Cruel I know but it's the only way.  The hard part is that if you leave the general area the adult somehow gets out.  So I had to buy a shower and toilet so that Lyla could stay around the lot.  Luckily there's things to do around the area like fish, garden and dig.
  • There is no way to make a 10x10 lot.  The smallest lot I found was a 20x15 in Oasis Springs.  What I did with it you can see in the last 2 pictures.  I landscaped around a 10x10 area.  I consider only the 10x10 area the home area. 
  • I thought of buying a flamingo each time you traveled but they now cost $160 simoleans!  So I figured we'd use the money cheat and just subtract $10 each time we have to hit a loading screen to travel somewhere.
  • There are no sleeping bags so I bought her the cheapest bed.
  • I consider the actual challenge start when the guardian dies and the teen is alone.
  • To set your funds to $0 cntrl+shift+c testing cheats true then money 0.

This is Lyla Sadler.  Her traits are good and loves the outdoors.  Her aspiration is Angling Ace.

Her guardian trapped in a box.

Lyla gets to fishing right away since it's her aspiration.

Then she decides there's no money in fishing and starts digging.

She visits the park and luckily someone cooked a meal of hotdogs.
(This is when I realized that the guardian can get out of her box.)

Her first fish.

Shortly after her first fish she got a cowplant berry!

Isn't it cute???

The next day she was starving but couldn't leave the area (because the guardian would escape) so had to cook hotdogs.

It took forever for the guardian to die so I bought her a shower and toilet temporarily.

Good little cowplant.

Whoa big cowplant!

Grim finally comes for the guardian.

He plays with the cowplant.

Lyla's social was really low so she became friends with Grim.  I don't consider him an adult.
Notice Lyla has huge muscles now from all the digging?  I hate that bug.

Here is how I made the lot 10x10.  The small area where the bed is is her home.



Rules adapted from StardustX's original rules:
  1. You cannot build any kind of shelter for yourself until you have earned the simoleans to do so.
  2. You cannot have any electronics or appliances or cell phone access (put it on silent) until you have a home.  (at least 1 living, 1 bath and 1 bedroom)
  3. You can't have a part time job.  You can't have a full time job until you are a young adult and  have a home. (at least 1 living, 1 bath and 1 bedroom)
  4. You cannot cook/shower/ect on other peoples lots or interact with adults until you are a young adult.  You're a runaway they'll report you as such.  If your social meter gets low, you can interact with children or other teens.
  5. You can shower and use the bathroom at any public place like the gym.
  6. You can fish, garden and dig all you want and sell them.
  7. You can't go to school.  You have to cancel go to school each day.  This will not effect traits.
  8.  Each time you travel you subtract $10 simoleans from your funds using the money cheat.
The goal is to survive. There are no "points".  You are simply trying to survive, start a new life for yourself.  You should aim for having a high paying job, children and a big house.  The main thing you are doing is getting money the old way by fishing, gardening and collecting.

So start out.  Make your sim.  They shouldn't look glamorous they should look like a runaway.  You can have any traits but not more than one that will help you like loves the outdoors.  Start off on a lot and use landscaping to box in a 10x10 area.  After you have gotten rid of your guardian the challenge starts.  Buy the cheapest bed and then set your money to $0. 

2 comments:

  1. i just tried making a teen only household. worked just fine for me.(i was glad cause i feel bad when my sims die.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea they changed it recently that you can create a teen only household now. I've got that in the updated rules on my new blog. https://rainygamez.wordpress.com/runaway-teen-challenge-rules-updated-22417/

      Delete

Should I try Youtube or only blog?

Do you prefer large or normal print?